Skarżysko-Kamienna Add to route
(0 votes)
Busko - Zdrój
Biebrza
Skarżysko-Kamienna
Skarżysko-Kamienna
The city was founded in 1923 on sites having great industrial traditions. Already in XVIII century it was the place with working blast furnaces. The Rejów district houses the remaining of a blast furnace, which was working till 1901. The building of the former "Rejów " steelwork administration is the present location of the White Eagle Museum, where besides the exhibition showing the city development, presented are exhibits related to the II World War period. At the museum yard we can visit a large plain-air exhibition of militaries. In the northern part of the city there is a Sanctuary of Our Lady of Ostra Brama – a truly faithful copy of the famous shrine in Vilnius.