Beautiful East Monuments and museums

Wooden church in Giełczyn Add to route
(0 votes)
Trzcianne
Podlasie province
It is a church which is very characteristic Late Baroque Northern-East Podlasie and Mazowsze as it does not have a tower. A wooden Holy Virgin Mary church in Giełczyn. The first church in Giełczyn that belonged to a Wizno parish and was built by Krzysztof Opacki - the castellan of the village. In 1807 in became a subsidy of a church in Trzcianno and an independent parish in the middle of XIX century. The church is very characteristic of Late Baroque Northern-East Podlasie and Mazowsze temples as it does not have a tower, but has a very simple shape, a protrusion in the façade and a tiny mark crowning its construction.

Latest in Gallery